Wedding insurance will cover all sorts of aspects including: no dress, lost deposits, lost rings, severe weather, transportation shutdown, ruined photographs, military call to duty, damaged gifts, sudden illness, unemployment, and any additional expense.
There are many types of insurance coverages but here are a few examples from www.protectmywedding.com
- Cancellation/Postponement: Cancellation / Postponement of the event can provide coverage for certain deposits listed in the policy in the event of a necessary cancellation or postponement of the wedding. For example, if the venue suddenly goes out of business and is inaccessible or sudden illness prevents the honorees, parents, grandparents or children of honorees from attending, or an honoree is unexpectedly called to duty, this coverage can reimburse you for the deposits lost.
- Lost Deposits: Lost Deposits can provide coverage if a vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy before your event, or simply fails to show up. For example, if your band or your limo provider fails to show up, this coverage can reimburse your lost deposit.
- Additional Expenses: Additional Expenses can provide coverage for certain unexpected expenses you have to incur in order to avoid a cancellation or postponement of your wedding. For example, if a caterer or transportation company suddenly becomes unavailable for your event and you can find a last minute replacement, this coverage can reimburse you for the difference in cost up to 25%of the original contract price.
- Event Photographs & Video: Event Photographs & Video can provide coverage in the event your photographer’s film is defective or photos are lost or damaged. For example if your photographer fails to show up, or loses your photos from your wedding, this coverage can reimburse you for the cost of reconvening your wedding party to take new photos or video.
- Event Gifts: Event Gifts can provide coverage if your gifts are damaged. For example, if your gifts are somehow damaged while on display at the event, this coverage can reimburse you for repair or replacement cost.
- Special Attire: Special Attire can provide coverage if the honoree’s event attire is lost or damaged. For example, if you’re traveling to your destination event and the airline loses your event attire, this coverage can reimburse you for the replacement attire.
- Special Jewelry: Special Attire can provide coverage if the honoree’s event attire is lost or damaged. For example, if you’re traveling to your destination event and the airline loses your event attire, this coverage can reimburse you for the replacement attire.
Great places that offer insurance include Wedsafe.com, Protectmywedding.com, weddinginsurance.com and wedsure.com
There is also special event liability that can be purchased such as bodily injury, personal injury, property damage, and liquor liability. The basic insurance policy that covers photographs/videos, special attire, gifts, lost rings, and lost deposits can cost anywhere between $155 to $550, depending on the amount of coverage you want. As for liability insurance, the cost is around $185, which covers up to $1,000,000 for accidents.