How to Create a Signature Cocktail
Signature cocktails are a growing trend in the wedding industry, and a fun way to personalize your wedding! Cocktail hour is the first chance your guests have to mix and mingle while you’re our having fun with your wedding photos; and nothing is better than not having to wait in line at the bar! Also, it is a bonus for the budget-conscious: You can save on the drink tab by offering wine, beer, champagne, and just the signature cocktail, rather than a full bar.
When designing your signature drink, here are some factors to consider:
- What are your favorite liquors and non-alcoholic ingredients in mixed drinks?
- Are there any liquor types and/or ingredients that you absolutely do not want?
- What types of cocktails do you two enjoy drinking together?
- Would you like the drink to match or complement your color scheme?
- Does your wedding have an overall theme (Hollywood Glamour, Country Simple, etc.)
- Consider giving your family history (Origin, Culture, etc.) a role.
- Consider the culture of your hometown. (Perhaps your hometown is known for a specific fruit or vegetable).
- Peruse restaurant menus or current food magazines for flavor trends.
- Let a destination be your inspiration (Location, Honeymoon, where you met, etc.)
When it comes to deciding on the name of your drink, oftentimes, it could be a combination of the couples’ names or something that relates to an interesting story about the couple (how they met, where they met, etc.).
If interested, you can even contact Wedding Cocktail Design.com. Their mixologists will assist you in formulating the perfect signature drink! Their packages include everything from Initial consultation to go over ideas, all the way to the creation of a non-alcoholic version for those guests who do not drink.
If you chose to formulate your own drink, remember, before you dive into making improvisational drinks for your guests, purchase a variety of flavors you think will go together and start mixing and testing. Eventually, you will be able to find the perfect combination of ingredients and concoct a palatably pleasing drink for you and the rest of the guests.