10 Bridesmaid Dress Tips
Brides almost always choose the closest women in their lives to be their bridesmaids. They’re there for you when you need someone most, they make you laugh, and they know you better than you know yourself. So you want them to look just as beautiful as you when they stand beside you at your wedding…..right? So here are some tips from The Knot to picking the best dresses!
- Track the Trends. What’s hot now? Hemlines with a little pop of sequins for that glam effect.
- Be Flexible. Why not pick the color you want and then let your maids choose their own style?
- Search for Inspiration. Surf the web. Even if you don’t spot your dream dress, you may find other ideas.
- Shop Early. Get your girls together to scope out silhouettes that everyone can agree on.
- Make Black-Tie Optional. Floor length gowns in seersucker or chiffon fabrics feel less formal.
- Ace the Accessories. Cool-toned dresses go with silver; for warm hues, try gold.
- Tap into Old Hollywood. A rhinestone belt, ruffle collar and knee length hem are so Grace Kelly.
- Do Your Homework. Study up on shapes that flatter all figures, like V-necks and A-lines.
- Find the Right Price. Consider cost when selecting a dress.
- Get a Tailor. Find affordable alterations around your area and make sure the dresses fit to a tee to ensure everyone looking their best!